Tests show that most of the barley was dehulled, but that absence of such debris may mean that the cereal was brought in from other areas.
In the early 18th century the Forsters oversaw the building of almshouses in Church Road.
Burr held the estate until his death 50 years later, when was inherited by his son, who sold it in 1893.
The buyer was wealthy stockbroker Charles Edward Keyser, who was preoccupied with the idea of keeping the village unchanged—or, as he described it, "unspoilt".
The manor house was bought by Associated Electrical Industries (AEI) for £16,000.In 1848, Burr commissioned the building of a neoclassical mansion to the south west of the original building.Burr saved the 17th-century manor's wooden staircase, though all that remains of the building is a staircase to the cellar (which is now home to a colony of bats).Built by R Dixon in 1706, the houses became known as "Dixon's Cottages".The manor passed through the Forster family until 1752, when the Forster lineage ended and the estate was inherited by Ralph Congreve, the husband of the last Forster's grand-niece.